Windows: add printer
Printing from private notebooks to the institutes printer is only possible (UPP is fine) via LAN (=cable) and not via WLAN. Search for a LAN Port with a yellow point.
Install HP Universal Driver
Go to website: https://support.hp.com/ch-de/drivers/selfservice/hp-universal-print-driver-series-for-windows/503548/model/3271558 and download the driver (make sure it is PCL6)
- Run the downloaded file and follow the steps in the screenshots
- Unzip the Files
- Choose 'dynamic mode'
Go to Control Panel > Programs and click 'Turn Windows features on or off'
- Expand 'Print and Document Services' and make sure 'Internet Printing Client' is ticked
Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > view Devices and Printers and click 'Add a printer'
- Click 'The printer that I want isn't listed'
'Select a shared printer by name' and enter your printer (e.g. k30) http://print.math.uzh.ch:631/printers/k30
- Select category 'HP' and choose the driver 'HP Universal Printing PCL 6'
- Try printing a testpage
UZH Printer - UPP
- Printing is possible via LAN or WLAN as long as it is UZH internal.