Another skype instance may exist
- If you start skype on several machines and try to log in with the same username, the login will fail.
- To kill all running skype processes on all servers, open a terminal and type:
- You might be asked serveral times for your passord (everytime when the script logs on the next server).
Skype won't start
- After an unclean stop of Skype (application crashes, desktop session crash, server crash ) it happened frequently that a new start of the application fails.
- To repair the setup, start either
Applications > System Tools > Repair Skype, or
skype-clean.sh from a terminal.
Configure on Terminal
- Connect the headphone to the terminal correctly.
Configure the right audio devices in gnome: System > Preferences > Sound
Start Skype: Applications > Internet > Skype and log on.
Configure the right audio devices in skype: Ctrl - O > Sound Devices