All institutes members are automatically listed (http://www.math.uzh.ch/index.php?id=personal) on the institutes page (as long as they are employed), including a detailed personal page with subpages for Research, CV and Publications. The data shown are either automatically generated and (optional) manually extended by the User via 'Local Info' (see below).
The other possibility are a directory where the user can create HTML files directly.
Via 'Local Info'
Go to Local Info https://www.math.uzh.ch/li/ > Login > Personal homepage
- For every page (Main, Research, ...) a list of records can be created. Each record might contain text, links, pictures or PDFs for download. To style the output, use HTML.
- It's necessary to have knowledge in HTML! The support group won't help you fixing HTML / CSS or other problems. If you don't know HTML, use the offer above.
Please contact http://www.math.uzh.ch/support and ask to setup the necessary 'public_html' directory and coressponding URL.
- In your home directory a new directory called 'public_html' will appear. Please save all of your homepage files there.
- The entry page has to be called 'index.html' (the filename has to be lowercase).
After creating new files: open a terminal and type and press return:
The URL are typically: http://user.math.uzh.ch/<lastname>
To create a modern homepage that can be viewed from desktop devices and smartphones alike, please refer to the following links:
bootstrap - A mobile first HTML/CSS/JQuery framework for your homepage made by twitter.
foundation - Alternative framework to bootstrap.
--html5up.net - A site with free to use templates made using bootstrap.-- Seems to have moved to pixelarity.com and is no longer free.
List of cc0 image galleries - Creative Commons 0 images can be used freely.
Create the file .htaccess in the access restricted directory, e.g.: ~/public_html/private/.htaccess.
AuthName "private stuff login" AuthType Basic AuthUserFile /userpages/<surname>/.htaccessusers require valid-user
- Create or modify your user database:
# Create .htaccessusers $ htpasswd -c ~/public_html/.htaccessusers <username> # If there is a .htaccessusers file and you would like to add or alter a user/password: $ htpasswd ~/public_html/.htaccessusers <username>
Do not forget to call setwww if you create new files.
HTML Math Symbols
Math Symbols can be typed as HTML codes in modern browsers:
<head> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=http://www.example.com/" /> </head>