= First Time Login ==
If your IMATH account has been created before March 1st, 2014, you have to synchronize the Windows password for Windows 2016 before you can log in. This has to be done only once per account.
Follow the steps below in order to synchronize the password:
enter your user name and password for your IMATH account, and press Login
check the option Keep my old password and leave the fields New password and Retype new password empty.
press Set password. It may take up to 60 seconds for the change to happen.
Once you finished above steps, your password has been synchronized and you can log into Windows 2016 using your IMATH account.
Where are the Applications?
- Click on the Windows logo in the lower left hand corner
- You will see the Start Screen with a limited set of applications as shown below
- By scrolling on downwards you will find all applications
Where are the Files?
Start Windows Explorer (circled red)
Your personal data is in homes (circled red below)
Shared data on Scratch is in Scratch (S:)
Sign Out/Log Out
In order to sign out/log out, i.e. close all programs and end the sessions
- click on the Start Button
- then click on the personalized icon (left side, see pink arrow)
a drop down list appears. Click on Sign out.
all Institute printers should be automatically mapped to your windows session.
1. Trouble shooting
in case your selected printer disappeared after you disconnect/ reconnect your session
please perform a logout from your windows session https://wiki.math.uzh.ch/public/Windows2012#Sign_Out.2FLog_Out
- You don’t need to perform the steps below as your (default)printer will be mapped after a fresh login again
define your default printer
at first start-up please define you default printer as follow
- click in on the windows icon and type "devices"
navigate to "Printers & Scanners"
- Select your required Printer and click on "Manage"
- click "Set as default" to assign this printer as default printer for all your applications
Arange Windows Side-by-Side
Windows 2016 allows for easy side-by-side alignment of windows:
- click on the first window to be aligned
- press the "Windows" key (left/right and near the Space bar) and keep it pressed. Then press the Cursor Left key. The window will be aligned to the left side of the screen
- click on the second window to be aligned
- press the Windows" key and keep it pressed. Then press the Cursor Right key. Both windows are now aligned side-by-side (see below for example)
Sound and Video
Sound and video is working, but performance may depends on the current bandwidth available
If you plug in a USB Stick at the terminal, there is no window, which opens automatically.
Plugged in USB sticks or ext. Harddrives will appear in your home-directory under the folder thindrives.
Open a 'explorer' and navigate to this PC -> media on ThinLinc
- Mount and unmount happens automatically - wait a few seconds.
If you copy data, wait until the light on the USB stick stops flashing or the progress bar disappear, plus some additional seconds. After that, it's secure to remove the stick.
If the stick does not appear under directory 'media on ThinLinc', please trigger a remount via menu on your Thinlinc Terminal (not on Windows) Applications > System Tools > Repair thindrives (USB Stick , ...) .
- Note: on the Thinstations (they have a an orange startup screen) the USB Stick mount is not yet support