How to add a Institute's Printer under Windows
- type on the start " Printer and Scanner " (formally known as "Device and Printers")
- Click on "add printer or Scanner"
- Click the lower button, labeled "Add a network ... printer"
- Your printer probably won't be found and shown in the list. Therefore click on "The printer that I want isn't listed"
Choose Select a shared printer by name, and enter the URL of your printer into the field. E.g. enter j40.math.uzh.ch for the j40 printer on the j-floor.
if 1st option is not working try
Choose Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname , and enter the URL of your printer into the field. E.g. enter j40.math.uzh.ch for the j40 printer on the j-floor.
- leave the default "Device Type: Standard "Generic Network Card"
- Choose in "install the printer driver" the manufacturer and model of your printer, click "OK". Verify that you chose the correct model.
- Now your printer should be installed and working. Print a test page to convince yourself.