Go to File > New > Mail Account...
- Enter your name, mail address and password.
If you would like to use our mail account from outside the university, you have to change the SMTP port.
Set the value next to SMTP to 2525
Press Re-test Configuration
Press Create Account
Configuration for IMAP-Konto
Go to Menu > Mail > Preferences > Accounts
- Click '+' to create a new email account
- Choose account type (IMAP)
Enter the needed data (Reference Card)
- Save and exit
Now all the folders from your mail account should appear.
- To change the behaviour of the default folders of Apple Mail, do the following:
Select the folder you want to edit (f.e. Sent)
Go to Menu > Mailbox > Use This Mailbox For
- Choose the desired function
Different 'Sent' folder: merge them!
- First verify that the IMAP protocol is configured. The wrong alternative is POP, which does not support shared mail folders.
- Especially under MacOS X and iOS, it happens that the individual devices and email applications use different 'Sent'-folder names like 'Sent', 'Sent Messages', 'sent-mail', 'sent_messages', ...
- Best is to configure all devices/email-applications to use 'Sent' as the sent folder. The majority of all email applications use this name as the sent folder.
- If there are already multiple folders named 'sent...':
Configure all of your email applications (=every device by it's own!) to use 'Sent' as the sent folder.
Move (best via https://mail.math.uzh.ch) all mails from the different 'sent...' folders to 'Sent'.
Delete all empty 'sent...' folders. This last step is important for future configuration of email applications/devices: during the setup of a new email applicaton/account, the app looks for existing 'sent' named folders. If there is only one, it will choose the right one as 'Sent' folder by default.
Other Mail Clients
All information needed to configure an email account can be found here.